Thursday, April 16, 2009

Working and knitting

So we haven't written anything for a while. As usual. But I guess that's just because we have at lot to do. I just saw Mats in the hall and he seemed to be directing someone from behind a camera. Big shot journalist who's going straight to CNN ... or something.

Anyway. I applied for another phd-position at our department and came in 2nd. Some may say that they hate coming in 2nd, just because it isn't 1st. But after reading a statement from the board saying it was a very close call and that the only thing that separated me from the "winner" was the fact that he's had more time to get things published, I was pretty content. It's just a matter of time before I get a few more things published (I hope), and if I did everything else right in my application, I'm happy. And it helps that the one who got it is one of my closest co-workers.

So hopefully I'll be staying at the department, working on other projects and with administrative things. I really like it here, and I'm not the type of person who likes jobs.

Apart from the world of working I don't really have anything new to report. Life moves on as always, and I stay happy about the small things, like spring weather, "The Daily Show" and having my poor mother help me with displaying my street art (if you can call it that). Check out the pictures below! (The first one is my favorite!)



I love knitting, and apparently my mother loves sneaking around in Lund at four in the morning, sewing my various knitted works onto the local infrastructure. The good thing about it is that it doesn't destroy what is underneath (like graffiti can do, although I mostly like graffiti). Rather, it protects what's underneath. Hope you like them!

No comments: