Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Balance

I thought a status update was due. I must say I am a wee bit intimidated by my intensely talented younger brother, who seems to be perfect for feature writing. Anyway, so, right now I’m doing another course for my masters, this time it’s in Swedish and deals with the media and cosmopolitanism. It’s very interesting, although I don’t know if it’s really preparing me for my professional life. Ah, well, if I had a penny for every time I had that thought since starting college.

The last course was even more theoretic, and concerned theories of science. That is complicated stuff that mostly makes you doubt science and our ability to even find knowledge about anything. I haven’t gotten the grades from that one yet, but I think it went OK.

Outside of school life is pretty much the same. I work about 15 hours a week, which is a bit more that I would really like to since I’m really supposed to be reading for school constantly. But my bosses think we lose out on information if we, the part-timers, don’t come for at least 15 hours a week. I don’t know if they’re right, but I can’t really do anything about it. And anyhow, I do get some more dough than I was planning on, which is always good of course.

Me and the beau are still living in the same apartment, which we love. They renovated the kitchen and shower, so now, other than it looks better, we have two toilets (no more banging on bathroom doors!) and a dishwasher. It’s insane how much difference that makes, not having to do the dishes. It’s like this huge weight lifted off our shoulders. fantastic. I don’t know if I’d be able to live without one now, if I had to.

Many of my friends are turning 25 this year, which I guess isn’t really supposed to be a big deal or a special birthday, but everyone seems to treat it that way anyway. More parties to go to, and they’re bigger, too. It’s a lot of fun, I’ll tell ya. If I could only balance this with school and work, and maybe try to get some exercise, read some more and cleaning up a bit more into the mix, my life would be perfect.


Take care!

No comments: