Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Things are a-happening

I'm currently quite busy with school at the moment, just wanted to mention that I'm officially in a band now. Not that the band is very official or anything, but it exists, and we even have some songs, written by my friends Aino and Jonathan, who make up the other 2/3 of the band (as of now).

I'll occasionaly help out with writing lyrics together with Aino, since I don't really know anything about playing an actual instrument. Well, that's not entirely true, I do play a mean tambourine. And my official job is lead (and backing) vocals, together with Aino.

Anywho, the name of the band is Tapet, which is Swedish for "wallpaper", and after figuring out the name we decided that the reason for it would be that our music should function as wallpaper for the empty musical walls in peoples' heads. At least we don't lack ambition, and even as an afterthought, it makes sense.

We even got ourselves a MySpace page on which to feature our music, as it will probably take a while before we can get a record deal. As we're still in a somewhat developmental stage, we only have one song up at the moment, a demo if you will, one of our first attempts at musical greatness, called "Oh my Lord". I'm not really in this one, at least not in the current version. But it is work in progress, and we'll keep fidgeting with it until it's perfect. There will be more songs online as time goes by. And believe it, we do have some pretty good material. Keep a lookout for a little number called "My best friend"...

The address is: http://www.myspace.com/datapet

The page itself is in Swedish, but the music player is in English, and the music starts playing as soon as the page has loaded. Check it out!

Quote for the day: (something I'd try out, not that I post here everyday or anything)
"Lord, make me chaste, but not just yet" - St. Augustine

Bye.

No comments: